Process for migrating mails from Windows Live mail 2012 to Office Outlook 365

Hello everyone,

I would like to know what is the best way to completely transfer all emails (including sub folders) from Windows 7 + Windows Live Mail 2012

To

Windows 10 + Office 365’s Outlook

(I have tried the export function in WLM 2012 and choose microsoft exchange format, but nothing happens, but choosing the windows live mail format is ok, afaik I must choose microsoft exchange format in order to let office 365’s outlook to recoginze)

Anyone can help me with this situation is appreciated

Thanks

@murakamirena

Hello, How come you decided to use MailStore Home to do the transfer ?
The purpose of MSH is as an Archiver, not a “transfer vehicle”
While you can export mail to another mail server or emailclient,
it’s not its intended use…

Dealing strictly with Microsoft programs- you might be better off to ask in a Microsoft forum…

Nevertheless, Here is an extensive description of the process:

BTW - WLM 2012 still works on Win 10 - if that helps.
I run it on Win 10 1903

Good Luck,

Peter E.

1 Like

Hey, Welcome @murakamirena!

Thank you for asking. As @DiggerP already mentioned, MailStore Home is an archiving solution for private use - it is not intended to do transfers or migrations, but rather help you archive your valuable e-mails you like to keep.
But it is great to see you here getting involved in the product use.
All the best,
Chris++

Over the years I have had a number of email solutions – both external and internal. The only thing I bother to actually transfer is my email contacts. Email group lists seem to be vendor-specific so must be recreated on the new solution. Most of these were Microsoft products – so my experience suggests one should not count on any degree of vendor interoperability.

After a few very painful attempts to move emails as a body from one system to another I got smart and started using a common email archive solution – Mailstore. The complete email populations from my various solutions are all available in the archive and easily searchable. It is surprising the number of times I have needed to search decade old emails for a date, serial number or contents of a vendor proposal. The common archive solves this.
gregl

1 Like