Please do not post a key file to public.
Although it is not likely, it could be used to decrypt your database. It is your personal secret.
If this constellation is unusable and you cannot recover both MailStoreMaster files with the same file date, which really is only your settings and profiles, we can try to recover only the actual archive with emails and folders. Then we create a fresh new archive folder and import the recovered items.
To export/extract all content of an archive, do the following:
- create a new helper folder, i.e.:
- shut down / close MailStore Home (if still open)
- open a Windows command prompt, i.e. click on Windows Startmenu icon, type the letters
cmd and wait for the result “Windows Command Prompt”. Right click and choose: Open as administrator
- in command prompt, navigate to the program folder of MailStore Home, which would be by default:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MailStore\MailStore Home\
- type the following, replacing CAPITAL LETTER paths with your personal situation:
MailStoreHome.exe /recover /inputDir="C:\PATH\TO\YOUR\CURRENT\ARCHIVE" /keyFile="C:\PATH\TO\YOUR\CURRENT\ARCHIVE\MailStoreFileGroup.key" /outputDir="C:\MailStoreTemp"
In the event that the archive is still valid, this will extract all emails into email files in the given directory.
To re-import the extract into a new archive, do as followed:
Then you open
MailStoreHome - Configuration and start a complete new archive by assigning a new empty folder.
Once you opened MailStore Home, it will be empty and new.
Archive E-Mail, create a new profile to archive from the file system (“EML and MSG files”).
- assign the location of the source folder, in our example
- set the profile to archive a `MailStore Export’
- run the profile.
This will import all previously recovered emails with the same folder structure into the new archive.
Finally, set up archiving profiles again for future archiving.
Please let me know if you run into any issues here.