Fewer emails in the archive than in the mailbox

Hello,

I used MailStore Home portable to archive an Exchange Server mailbox.
After the archiving was finished, archived folders have fewer emails than original ones.
What could be the cause?

Regards,
Gabor

Hello,

• Was there any error message in the Last Execution of your archiving profile ?
  • Are there any folders excluded as you can see for example in the below screenshot ?

1 Like

Dear @nicoetbun,

can you please post your request in English language?
This is an international community. Many of us do not speek Dutch.

Thank you.

Bedankt voor Uw bericht. Ik heb mijn vraag inmiddels al op kunnen lossen. Nogmaals dank

Google Translator:
Thank you for your message. I have already been able to solve my question. Thanks again

I have the same problem but I see no one posted a real answer to this topic

I’m missing about 10k messages
I can see 48000 messages on inbox on webmail (IMAP) and only 40000 on archive.
there’s also a 2000 difference in sent folder.
On cPanel the size of that account is 28GB and the archive only 19GB

Is there a size limitation of MailStore Home?
See the pictures below.

Thanks

vs

Hi.
I have the same issue here. Importing from Thunderbird; no filter on folders or messages or something like that.
I tracked it down to 3 e-mails not getting imported.

One Mail is pretty old. Here some details:

I have joined this discussion because I too have fewer emails in my Mailstore archive than I believe should be there. In my case, it’s a Windows Live Mail (WLM) Storage Folder - the WLM folder contains 27 emails while the Mailstore copy only contains 18 emails. I have been using Mailstore for many years and this folder is also quite old, so Mailstore has had many opportunities to do the backups/copies!

I haven’t got any filters in place - Mailstore has been told to back up everything - has anyone got any ideas why Mailstore is only backing up a subset of this folder’s contents?

With thanks in anticipation.

Jeff

With a bit more digging I think I may have discovered what has happened …

All of the missing emails are ones that I sent and, because I wanted to easily track what I’d sent on this folder’s topic, I had copied the email from ‘Sent Items’ into the ‘topic’ folder - that is, WLM contains two copies of the email, each in different folders. When I searched ‘Sent Items’ I could see all of the ‘missing’ emails.

So my question now is, “Is this the way that Mailstore is designed to behave?” I hope that maybe someone from the Mailstore Team will be able to give us a definitive answer.

In the meantime, at-least I have ONE copy of the emails … even if it’s not where I expect it to be!

I’ll be interested to learn if others have similar experience.

Jeff

Hi, I am having the same issue like you - hope anyone from the community has encountered and have a workaround/solution with this issue.